Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Noah Barleywater Runs Away Review


Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne is an imaginative story of how a wonderful adventure changes a young boy's life. I wanted to read this book because I so enjoyed The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, also by John Boyne.



This is a coming of age story told in as whimsicle fairytale. The book is written with the same sensativty as The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, but the story is not as intense. I was completely mesmerized by John Boyne tale. It is sure to become a modern day classic. I give this book 5 stars.

A complimentary copy of Noah Barleywater Runs Away was provided to me. All opinions expressed in this review are mine alone.

Reading level: Ages 9-12
Hardcover: 240 pages
Publisher: David Fickling Books (May 10, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0385752466
ISBN-13: 978-0385752466
Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.8 x 0.9 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment