Monday, May 2, 2011

The 17 Day Diet Review


Catchy name, but is it truth in advertising? The 17 Day Diet book by Dr. Mike Moreno should have been The 17 Day CYCLE Diet. The name has a huge selection of the population panting as they race to the book shelves believing that in 17 days they can transform the bodies it took years to develop.

The book does have some really good information if you are able to sit down and process it all let alone read. I feel that people with specific dietary needs will feel slighted with this program.

I set out to try the program. Several months ago, due to another diet book review, I chose to embrace a vegan diet. The 17 Day Diet book isn't very vegan friendly. Surviving the 17 days became a chore and became the classic diet failure. As a result I have also ended my vegan lifestyle approach.

It is not all bad. I have lost a total of 16 pounds and have kept off the average of 14 pounds lost. I have eaten more fruits and vegetables than I have in the past. I have a better frame of mind about dieting. And that is the number 1 reason why diets and their miracle books fail. Dieting is a mind set.

I recommend reading the book for the information alone. Knowledge is power. Don't expect it to be your weight struggle salvation. I stand firm that the only way to lose weight is Eat Less and Move More. Think of how many more calories you will burn walking around the block instead of sitting on your backside reading a book.

I give this book 3 stars as it will be a source of hope for someone.

A complimentary copy of The 17 Day Diet was provided to me by the publisher. All opinions expressed in this review are mine alone.

3 comments:

  1. I admire your candid review, and had similar struggles because I too had been trying to balance the 17 day diet with veggie/vegan food choices. Sorry to hear that you lost momentum on both...
    If you want to get revved up on the vegan cooking again, I have a great website to recommend... Let me know!
    See you at ActionReaders and hopping about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck.
    Leading Diet Review Site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more.
    http://www.dietsinreview.com/

    ReplyDelete