Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Long Drive Home Review

Long Drive Home by Will Allison is a haunting novel about moral choices and the future effects of said choices.

Will Allison's story is set in a quaint New Jersey suburb. His hero makes a conscience decision that has fatal repercussions. The story is written as an explanation of one man's guilt, to explain the course of his family's life to his daughter, after a fatal accident. Throughout the story, we see this man struggle with his own guilt. To make excuses and fall deeper into a moral conflict.

The Long Drive Home was a gripping story that made me question what I would do in the same situation. I was unable to put the book down. I was so drawn into the characters as well as the story. The haunting truth is that any one of us could be that man. To what ends would we go to protect ourselves and our family? And what price is too high? I give this book 5 stars.

A complimentary copy of Long Drive Home was provided to me by the publisher. All opinions expressed in this review are mine alone.

Will Allison Interview

Print Length: 224 pages
Publisher: Free Press; Original edition (May 17, 2011)
Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Language: English
ASIN: B003V1WSP0

1 comment:

  1. Great review, never heard of this book before. Don't forget to participate in my give-away for "A Gate at the Stairs" :-)

    ReplyDelete