Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Atlas of Impossible Longing

An Atlas of Impossible Longing by Anuradha Roy was appropriately named. I was longing for something with this book.

Please do not get me wrong. This is not a bad book. I was unable to become absorbed with the story. Roy is an incredible writer. She has a wonderful way of drawing the scenery with her words. However, I found it difficult to relate to the characters in the book. The characters of Nirmal and Shanti were the ones I found most interesting, but their story was too short. The overall sadness to the book also made it difficult to keep my interest. With so much misery within these characters, I found it difficult for me to stay with the book for any real length of time. This could have influenced my lack of real understanding for the story plot.

I would give this book 3 1/2 stars. The book has wonderful attributes. It just wasn't to my liking.


A complimentary copy of An Atlas of Impossible Longing was provided to me by the publisher. All opinions expressed in this review are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment