Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Wore The Ocean In The Shape Of A Girl Review

I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl - A Memoir by Kelle Groom is a heartbreaking true story. Miss Groom conveys her thoughts and emotions remarkably well. Her story is difficult to read. The bravery to write about it is astonishing.

Kelle Groom has not lived an easy life. She has made some bad decisions and has had to live through the results. But this book isn't about a loser. It is about a woman coming to terms with the decisions and hurts in the past to make a better future for herself. She isn't asking for anyone to feel sorry for her. She is just telling her story, as honestly as she is able.

I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl Official Book Trailer from Ben Rock on Vimeo.


This book is not for everyone. It isn't light reading. But it is an inspiring book. I give this book 4 stars.

I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. The opinions for this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment